Phone: 215-935-1000 ext. 106
Direct Line: 215-935-1107
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2011
City University of New York, Brooklyn College, B.A., 2008
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Prior Work Experience
Prior to joining Alan L. Frank Law Associates in December 2017, Jeffrey worked in Northeast Philadelphia for a community tailored high volume general litigation practice engaged. There, Jeffrey served as a senior associate at the firm and oversaw the entirety of the firm’s commercial litigation practice as well as trial counsel on numerous personal injury and criminal matters. While there, Jeffrey tailored his practice to assisting businesses and individuals in the Greater Philadelphia Eastern European community with various legal matters, including business litigation, personal injury litigation, and criminal defense work.
Areas of Practice
At Alan L. Frank Law Associates, Jeffrey J, Goldin serves as one of the firm’s senior trial attorneys. During his time at the firm, Jeffrey has successfully tried several juries and bench trials to verdict, often teaming up with the firm’s founder Alan Frank, which have yielded many positive results for his clients.
Jeffrey has tried numerous business and commercial disputes with an emphasis on business divorces and dissolution; real estate and title litigation; construction defect and negligence claims; professional negligence and legal malpractice actions; and contract disputes.
Jeffrey also continues to represent injured victims in personal injury cases and utilizes his background and prior experience in representing individuals charged with certain white collar crimes.
Jeffrey also has extensive appellate experience and has both briefed and appeared before various appellate courts, including the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Often part-in-parcel to his litigation practice, Jeffrey Goldin provides clients with transactional representation with matters such as: shareholder and asset purchase and sale agreements; commercial real estate transactions; employment and contractor agreements; and various partnership and joint venture agreements.
Fluent in Russian, Jeffrey Goldin has continued to serve the Greater Philadelphia Eastern European community providing both litigation and transactional.
- Obtained a mid-seven figure verdict and an equitable buyout on behalf of a frozen-out minority shareholder in the Middle District of Florida;
- Secured a defense verdict on a mid-six figure claim for recission on behalf of a property developer in Bucks County, Pennsylvania;
- Awarded a high six-figure verdict including punitive damages on behalf of an oppressed shareholder frozen out of her adult daycare business in Bucks County, Pennsylvania;
- Secured a mid six-figure jury verdict in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, on behalf of a real estate purchaser against one of the nation’s largest home builders for their breach of warranties and defective construction. Successfully argued and ensured the verdict was upheld by the Pennsylvania Superior Court;
- Briefed and appeared before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in a case regarding the enforcement of restrictive covenants in employment agreements, which led to clarification by the Supreme Court as to when a noncompete needs to be signed to be enforceable;
- Part of the legal team in a §1983 claim securing a mid six-figure settlement against a town and its police chief in Central New Jersey on behalf of a bar and restaurant owner who was harassed and forced to shut down his business by the town;
- Following a bench trial, secured a favorable buy-out for a frozen-out fifty percent owner of a Philadelphia Home Health Care business;
- Successfully defended a widow in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania alleged to have exerted undue influence by the decedent’s children from a prior marriage.
Honors, Memberships, and Affiliations
Since 2016, Jeffrey Goldin has been annually selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in Civil Litigation, a distinction only 2.5% of Pennsylvania attorneys receive.
Jeffrey is presently a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association and held pervious memberships with the New Jersey Association for Justice, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the National Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Jeffrey is also a certified arbitrator in Philadelphia County and actively chairs and adjudicates cases heard in the Philadelphia Arbitration Program.